Multiple-Entry Visa Requirement for National of China

Updated June 28, 2017
The following is an outline of application procedures for nationals of China who wish to apply for a multiple-entry visa as a temporary visitor. The visa is for the purpose of tourism, business affairs, and visits to relatives/acquaintances, so you are not permitted to perform activities to undertake revenue generating business operations or activities to receive remuneration.


(1) The applicant's passport must be an Ordinary Machine-Readable Passport (MRP) or ePassport in compliance with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standard.
(2) The applicant has appropriate reasons to visit Japan multiple times.
(3) The length of stay for the visa will be up to 30 or 90 days for each visit.
(4) The applicant must have financial documents under his/her name. If the applicant does not have any financial documents, the person whose name is on the financial documents must already have a Multiple entry Visa to Japan or must apply for a multiple entry visa at the same time.


(1) A valid Chinese Passport with at least one completely blank visa page. (ePassport or Machine Readable Passport only)
(2) One Visa Application Form (Fillable) (Non-Fillable)  (Please write your name in Roman letters as well as in Chinese characters).
(3) One photo taken within the past six months. (2” X 2”, Front shot, white background)
(4) A Valid Alien Registration Card (Green Card) plus a copy or a Valid U.S. working visa plus a copy.
(5) A flight itinerary or flight reservation covering the entire trip starting from the United States.
(6) Hotel Reservations and Day to day schedule. (Schedule of stay).
(7) U.S. Bank Statements for the past 6 months showing sufficient funds.
(8) Certificate of employment stating the date of hire & most recent payslips/paystubs. If you are self-employed, please submit last years’ Tax Return Transcript issued by the IRS.
(9) A document/letter explaining the reason as to why the applicant is applying for a multiple-entry visa.
(10) For spouse and children applicants, a Marriage Certificate / Birth Certificate (in English) and a copy of the multiple entry visa of the sponsor must be submitted..
(11) Visa Fee (due at pick up).
* Please bring proof of residence such as your California/Nevada Driver’s license/ID card, utility bill, etc.
* If necessary, additional documents may be required other than the documents mentioned above.
* Please note that since we may issue a single-entry visa after visa application examination, if you will not enter Japan within 3 months from the date of application, your visa application will not be accepted.


All visa inquiries should be addressed to the Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco if you reside in Northern and Central California, and the State of Nevada

An applicant with a criminal record must provide a copy of his/her court conviction or sentence, along with an English translation of those documents if they are in any language other than English. We would like to know about the charges, time served, fees paid, and probation (if any). If you have such a record, please call our office in advance.

Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco
Visa Section
275 Battery Street, Suite 2100
San Francisco, CA 94111
Tel: (415)780-6000 FAX: (415)767-4200
Window Hours: 9:30am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-4:30pm
Site MapLegal MattersAbout AccessibilityPrivacy PolicySuggestions