8. HOW TO APPLY
Note: We appreciate teachers and participating contestants for their daily efforts in improving their Japanese language abilities.We are truly impressed by the high caliber performances we have seen at our speech contests over the years. However, we are concerned that in recent years, contestants may have applied to incorrect categories. In order to ensure fairness for all contestants, we sincerely request applying teachers to carefully review your contestant's background to confirm whether they come from a home where Japanese is spoken or not spoken.
- We will accept 1 student (and 2 alternates)per category from each school.
- The Speech Contest Committee will only accept applications from schools (teachers), not from individual students. (Please contact us directlyif an interested contestant is included in specific circumstances like homeschooling, etc.)
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until we have 10 contestants per category with a maximum total of 40 participating contestants. If there are fewer than 10 contestants for each category, the Speech Contest Committee will fill the spaces with students from the waiting list. Selection of alternates from the waiting list will be based upon the total number of Japanese language students per school.
We may suspend acceptance or revoke awards if the Speech Contest Committee assesses that a contestant makes a false statement in their application regarding their eligibility and category.
9. REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
1. School application form (to be completed by Japanese language teacher)
2. Student application form (one per primary and alternate contestants)
3. Waiver form (one per primary and alternate contestants)
10. APPLICATION DEADLINE
Applications are due Friday, February 10th
, 2017 by 5:00PM. (Please submit all applications by email
to Ms. Mariko Baba :firstname.lastname@example.org
11. FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES
Ms. Mariko Baba
Japan Information Center, Consulate General of Japan
275 Battery Street, Suite 2100
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: (415) 780-6088
*Please note that a confirmation email will be sent in response to each submitted application.If instructors do not receive a confirmation email within one (1) business day, please contact Mariko Baba by phone or email.