Single Entry Short Term Stay Visa (Purpose of Visiting Friends/Relatives Only) Checklist
Please do NOT staple/clip/tab documents
|(1)||Valid Passport (must have a complete blank visa page)
|(2)||One visa application form (Fillable) (Non-Fillable)
|(3)||One 2"x 2" passport-type photo taped to application form
|(4)||U.S. Visa Status for Non-U.S. Citizens (Please submit both Originals and Photo copies)
|(5)||Confirmed OR Tentative Flight Reservation/Flight Itinerary that covers the entire trip starting from the US.
|(6)||Schedule of Stay (Day to Day Schedule) or Travel Agency Itinerary with detailed hotel information.
|(7)||Applicant’s most recent U.S. Bank Statement/s with sufficient funds
|(8)||Letter of Reason for Invitation (English OR Japanese ) completed by your relative/friend living in Japan.
|(9)||Additional Documents (You must submit a,b,c, or d)
|(10)||Proof of Residence such as your California/Nevada Driver’s license/ID card, utility bill, bank statement, etc. showing your current address.
- Please do NOT staple/clip/tab documents.
- You MUST schedule an appointment to apply.
- Visa applications must be submitted in person OR by mail only if you live 100 miles away from our office. There is NO online visa application process.
- We take a minimum of 5 business days to process, so please apply for your visa ahead of time. For special circumstances, we may take longer. Additionally, we do not have expedited services, no exceptions.
- Once issued, the visa to enter Japan is valid for three months.
- All documents must be written in English or Japanese.
- Please submit a set of documents for each applicant. You may not share your documents. We do not make copies.
- All documents must show your full name.
- We may request additional documents.
- Applications from those who entered the U.S. with a B1/B2 visa or who are under a U.S. visa exemption status will not be accepted.
- 6 month validity is required for US re-entry permit or US refugee travel document holders who wish to travel Japan. Please note that we issue only single entry visas for these types of travel documents.
- This list is valid at the San Francisco Office only.