- Provide executive assistance in English to the Consul General and the Deputy Consul General of Japan
- Draft and edit speeches, letters, and other official documents
- Maintain and coordinate schedule
- Handle mail
- Take and screen incoming calls
- Greet visitors
- Other duties as directed by supervisor
- Please note that the Consulate is unable to provide visa support for prospective employees, and as such all applicants are required to have the appropriate legal permission to work in the United States.
- Experience working as a clerk
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (native or native-level) in English
- Knowledge of Japanese language and culture helpful but not required
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office and Access
- Working knowledge of cultural events, restaurants (Japanese or otherwise), networking functions, etc. in the Consulate’s jurisdiction, especially the San Francisco Bay Area
How to Apply:
This is a full-time permanent position. Anticipated start date is August 2016.
Interested applicants are requested to send a cover letter and resume in English by e-mail to email@example.com by July 31.
No phone inquiries please.