Location, Contacts & Office Hours
- The 17 Consulates General and the Embassy of Japan in the U.S. each oversee a specific jurisdictional area in order to serve you best. Thus, it is important that you contact the Consulate for your area for assistance with your inquiry. The jurisdiction of Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco: Northern and Central California and Nevada
- All visitors will be requested to bring a photo ID. Please inform the receptionist on the 1st floor that you would like to visit the Consulate General of Japan and ask for directions
Location and Contacts
275 Battery Street, Suite 2100, San Francisco, CA 94111
Our office is open Monday through Friday except for Holidays
- Consular service for Japanese nationals
10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., and 1:00p.m. to 4:00p.m.(by Appointment only)
- Visa drop-off at the designated box
10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., and 1:00p.m. to 3:00p.m.
- Japan Information & Cultural Center Gallery (JICC)
10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., and 1:00p.m. to 4:00p.m. (by Appointment only)
Map and Parking
|Office Bldg. Parking||275 Battery Street Garage
Go down Battery and turn right on Halleck St and enter driveway on your right.
Parking Rate ($6.00/30 min; Max $33)
|Nearby Parking Garages||* Please note that the information provided below is for your convenience only and is not guaranteed by the Consulate General of Japan. We strongly suggest that you call and verify rates and hours before using any of these lots.
* From the SOUTH (Peninsula, South Bay)
Take 101 North to 80 East, and take the last exit (4th &Embarcadero). Cross 4th and proceed straight on Bryant. Turn left onto 2nd, and right on Harrison. Go to Fremont and turn left. Continue onto Front St. then turn left on Front, and then take another left on Battery. The office is on the corner of Sacramento and Battery.
* From the EAST (East Bay, Sacramento)
Take 80 West and cross the Bay Bridge. Take the first exit on the right-hand side (Fremont St.). Proceed down Fremont street. Continue onto Front St. then turn left on Front, and then take another left on Battery. The office is on the corner of Sacramento and Battery.
* From the NORTH (Marin County, Golden Gate Bridge)
Take Highway 101 South, across the Golden Gate Bridge. Take the Lombard St. exit, follow Lombard, then turn right on Van Ness Ave. Turn left on Broadway, Continue onto Broadway then turn right on Battery.The office is on the corner of Sacramento and Battery.
Transportation from San Francisco International Airport includes: public transit (BART railway, SamTrans bus), rental car, airporter buses, pre-arranged vans, shared-ride vans, taxis, limousines, and charter bus operators. For more information, please visit San Francisco Travel Association’s website or San Francisco International Airport’s website.
For more information on public transportation