Japan Information & Cultural Center
JICC is looking for individuals residing in Northern and Central California and Nevada to submit artwork related to Japan (either in terms of its style and/or theme) to be displayed in our JICC Gallery. For more detail, please visit here.
Contact & Hours
- JICC provides information on Japan to the public via phone and e-mail.
TEL: (415) 780-6085
Hours of Response: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., closed from noon to 1:00 p.m. (Except Holidays)
- JICC hosts a variety of exhibits throughout the year to promote a better understanding of Japanese culture and cultural exchange between Japan and the United States.
Please call or e-mail the JICC to reserve your entry date and time in advance.
Gallery Hours: Monday to Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Except Holidays)
Note: If you contact the JICC by e-mail, your reservation is not considered completed until you receive a confirmation e-mail from our office. You may not be able to enter without the confirmation e-mail.
- All visitors must wear masks while inside the Consulate General of Japan and the JICC.
- Please also use the hand sanitizer provided at the entrance upon entering the facility.
Service & Assistance
JICC provides various assistance, services and information to the public. Main services and assistance are as followings:
Assistance to Educators and Students
To promote education about Japan and the Japanese language, the JICC:
- distributes currently available educational materials such as posters, fact sheets, and pamphlets on Japan
- makes available a collection of catalogues of Japanese universities which offer programs for international students
Information on Grants, Fellowships, and Exchange Programs
Interested students can contact JICC for guidance in applying to the following:
- the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science and Technology (Monbukagakusho) scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students to study in Japan
- the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program for college graduates
General Reference and Outreach Services
To foster familiarity with Japan and its culture, JICC conducts the following activities for the general public:
- maintains a public space with periodicals & brochures about Japan
- distributes press releases and maintains liaison with the media
- assists organizations sponsoring programs on Japan
- sends speakers to visit local schools through our School Visit Program
- loans various Japanese cultural artifacts to schools, civic organizations, and other qualifying groups
- responds to inquiries about Japan